Reno Before You Resell Your Home in Brockville
So your retirement plan is in place, congratulations... now the first step is to downsize your current home and find another home in Brockville.
For many of us, preparing a home for sale in Brockville can include spending some time and money on upgrades or repairs to ensure the home wills sell for it's maximum amount of money. Brockville Real Estate can be a very competative market and investing money in upgrades or repairs can substaintially increase your investment.
Whether you’re interested in installing new kitchen cabinets or making necessary repairs to your roof, if you’re hiring a professional for the job you’ll need a written contract.
In Ontario, any agreement with a contractor worth more than $50 must be in writing. This means that you should have a contract even for small home renovations or repairs. And, if the contract is signed in your home, you are also entitled to a 10 calendar-day cooling off period. Within these 10 days, you may cancel your contract without having to provide a reason or pay a cancellation fee.
Make sure your contract includes:
- The contractor’s name, address and contact information.
- A thorough description of the project, including the materials to be used.
- A copy of the written estimate.
- A clear description of any warranties.
- The total cost and payment schedule, including the deposit amount. We recommend keeping down payments at no more than 10 per cent of the total cost of the contract.
- A work schedule, including start and completion dates.
Avoid falling into the temptation of “paper-free” deals that sound too good to be true. Remember that no receipt means that you have no proof of purchase. Remember, if you're looking to buy or sell real estate in Brockville, contact one of the professionals at
MINCOM Island City Realty Inc. 613-498-2222